A former teach who positively impacted my decision was one of my French Immersion teachers in high school. Although in my first few years of high school I did not take her classes seriously, by the end of grade 12 I realized she was likely one of the best teachers I had ever and would ever have. She genuinely cared for her students and willingly gave her own time to help. Her goal was for each student in her class to succeed and she actively sought extra means for it to be possible. I hope that one day my students will see that same dedication and care for them in me.
Here are a few of my favourite quotes, both education related and not, that help me through difficult times, inspire me throughout my life, remind me of things I so easily forget, and some that help when I really just need a good laugh.
- Pick your battles. I’m okay with her eating snow, as long as she’s not eating the flag pole. – Sarah Klauke
- The most successful scientist thinks like a poet – wide-ranging, sometimes fantastical –and works like a bookkeeper. – O. Wilson
- What good is all this if you’re not going to let it change you? – To Save A Life
- Transformation is tough, and we don’t always end up where we think we will… – To Save A Life
- The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves. – Logan Pearsall Smith
- The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next. – Abraham Lincoln
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain – Unknown